Yes, our insurance covers both auto glass and windscreen damage.
Car rental insurance is an essential consideration when renting a car, but what about windscreen cover? In this article, we will explore everything you need to know about car rental insurance windscreen cover, including what it is, how it works, and whether you need it.
What is Car Rental Insurance Windscreen Cover?
Car rental insurance windscreen cover is an optional add-on to your standard car rental insurance policy that covers the cost of repairing or replacing a damaged windscreen.
- Windscreen damage is a common issue when renting a car
- Basic rental insurance policies may not cover windscreen damage
- Adding a windscreen cover to your policy can offer peace of mind and protection against unexpected costs
What does windscreen insurance cover?
Windscreen insurance coverage typically covers the costs of repairing or replacing a damaged windscreen, including:
- The cost of the windscreen itself
- Labor costs for fitting the new windscreen
- Any associated parts needed for the repair
How does windscreen insurance work?
When you rent a car and opt for CarInsuRent’s car hire excess insurance cover, our policy includes windscreen coverage.
- If your windscreen is damaged during your rental period, you should inform your car rental company as soon as possible
- They will advise you on the next steps and may ask you to pay an excess fee towards the cost of the repair or replacement
- Once the repair or replacement is complete, you should file a claim and be reimbursed for any excess fees paid
Do I need car rental insurance windscreen cover?
Whether you need car rental insurance windscreen cover will depend on a few factors, including:
- How much you are willing to pay in the event of windscreen damage
- The likelihood of windscreen damage based on where and how you will be driving the car
- The cost of purchasing our car hire excess insurance compared to the potential cost of a windscreen repair or replacement.
Car rental insurance windscreen cover is an important consideration when renting a car, but whether you need it will depend on your individual circumstances. By understanding what it is, how it works, and whether it is necessary, you can make an informed decision when renting a car and avoid unexpected costs.
We encourage you to read our full guide about Rental Car Insurance to learn everything you need to know about glass and windscreen damage protection for rental cars.
See How Much You Can Save on Your Car Rental InsurenceGet Started
Please see the Policy Wording for the complete terms and conditions.