When buying goods or services, you may have the option to cancel the purchase and receive a full refund within a specified period of time known as the cooling-off period. The cooling-off period gives You the opportunity to change your mind or cancel a purchase for any reason without penalty.
CarInsuRent Car Hire Excess Insurance Cooling-Off Period
When it comes to our car rental insurance policies, the cooling-off period is generally 14 days, just like with most other purchases. However, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- The cooling-off period starts from the date the policy is purchased, not from the date of travel.
- If the policy covers multiple trips, the cooling-off period applies to the date of the first trip.
- If the policy is purchased less than 14 days before the trip, there is no cooling-off period.
- If the policy is canceled during the cooling-off period, the buyer will receive a full refund, minus any administration fees.
CarInsuRent 14 days cooling off period allows you to cancel your policy within 14 days from the date that you place your order. You can place an order today with a pickup date of tomorrow, but will not have a 14-day money-back guarantee.
If, for example, today is 1.8 and you plan to rent a vehicle on 9.8, you can place your order anytime prior to 9.8, but you will not have 14-day money-back guarantee (but you can still cancel the policy any time prior to 9.8 and receive a full refund).
Exceptions to Car Rental Insurance Cooling-Off Period
Some exceptions to the travel insurance cooling-off period include:
- If the policy has already been used to make a claim, the cooling-off period no longer applies.
- If the policy is canceled after the cooling-off period, the buyer may still be entitled to a refund, but it will depend on the terms and conditions of the policy.
See How Much You Can Save on Your Car Rental InsurenceGet Started
We encourage you to read our full guide about Collision Damage Waiver to learn everything you need to know about CDW or LDW protection for rental cars.